A braided updo is a classic choice — it looks as good on night outs as it looks when adorned to a summer wedding. The best part about this hairstyle is that it is quite easy and takes only a few minutes to make. So, the next time you are running late for a party, try this easy and quick look to win everyone’s attention.
1. Start by oiling your hair. This will make it easier for you to manage your hair while you are styling them. I have used the Mazani Oil Therma Hair for this purpose. After oiling, comb with a wide-tooth comb
2. Next, use a parting comb to part you hair either left or right. Try to get a straight parting as it will help you make neat braids. Once this is done, start parting down your hair towards your ear.
3. Take the hair that you have parted towards your ear and use a clip to secure them at the back.
4. Now, start creating neat three-stem braids and keep adding strands of hair like you do while creating a French braid. Once you are done braiding your hair, secure the braid using a rubber band. Repeat the same step for the other side.
5. Next, take the hair that you had earlier secured at the back using a hair clip. Divide them into two sections. Create a braid with each of these sections and secure each braid with a rubber band.
6. Here come’s the tricky part. To create this updo, you will have to secure one braid over the other while creating a criss-cross pattern. Use bobby pins to secure one braid over the other.
7. Start with back braids and bring the front ones as you continue to create a layered criss-cross of braids. Use bobby pins to make sure that the braids are securely placed.
8. Make sure every hair strand is secure and in place. Add more bobby pins to make sure no hair strands are coming out.
10. Use a soft brush to smooth down the edges and give a neat semblance to your updo.