Make-up can change the way you look. Not only does it give your skin that effortless shine, it can also reshape features when applied the right way. With major make-up trends like contouring, make-up artists have changed the way women feel about their face. The tricky part however is applying make-up.
While doing make-up, women make small errors that ruin everything. And here is where Stylish Freak comes to your rescue. Follow these simple steps to create a look that is natural and glamorous at the same time.
I use products that are affordable and can be found at your local Meijer, WalMart, and Sally’s Beauty Supply If you live in USA.
1. Start by using a toner. Using a toner is important as it keeps your skin fresh and oil-free. Not just that, it also provides extra cleansing when you remove your make-up at the end of the day. I have used the Thayers Witch Hazel Toner for this purpose.
2. It is important to moisturize as well. I go with Ponds moisturizing cream as it works wonders for my skin.
3. Start by concealing out any dark circles you may have. While there are many concealers in the market, I prefer to use the L.A Girl Pro Concealer.
4. Next, use a green concealer to cover any red spots you may have. The best way to apply concealer is to blend it using a beauty blender.
5. I generally use the Clinique all about eyes concealer to hide any dark circles under my eyes.
6. Once you have concealed properly, take either a brush or beauty sponge to apply and blend out your foundation. I have used the Maybeline FIT Me foundation as it matches the colour of my skin perfectly.
7. Next, apply a bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. I have used the NYC Sun n Bronze (70 Hamptons Radiance) for this purpose. Apply evenly on both sides so that the flush on booth cheeks is identical.
8. Here comes the most important part – contouring. Contouring is important as it makes your face looks slimmer and it redefines your features. I have used a matte bronzer (IT Cosmetics My Sculpted Face) to contour the sides of my nose.
9. Apply the same matte bronzer to your jaw line to make it look more sharp and defined. If you have a double chin, you can easily hide it by contouring your chin. Blend in to your neck and also apply to your forehead to give it a refined shape
10. I have used the Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder to brighten the area under my eyes and also to highlight my cheekbones.
11. Once all of this was done, I used a face powder to blend the whole look together.
12. Next, I used the NYC Loyaltics Eyeshadow Palette to give shape and depth to my eyes. I started by applying the milk chocolate shade into the outer crease of my eye. Next, I took the mustard gold shade and used it highlight the inner crease. Last, I applied a lighter shade to add depth to my eyes.
13. I have used the L.A Colors Liquid Eye Liner to create a winged liner. You can choose to give any shape to your liner. I prefer winged as it adds depth to my eyes.
14. Next, I used the Salon Perfect Brow Promade to brush my eyebrows. The best way to create your eyebrows is to start by making two lines – one above and one below. Once this is done, brush your eyebrows downward and upward to blend in and give them a natural look. If you have tricky brows, fill in different spots to give your brows an even look.
15. After doing my eyebrows, I used a pencil to line my bottom line. I used the NYX Jumbo Pencil for this purpose. I used the black one on the outer edges and white one on the inner edges. This trick makes my eyes pop out and look brighter.
16. To set the whole look, I applied a highlighter. You can either use a warm or cold highlighter depending on your tone. I used the NYX Strobe of Genius Highlight Palette. I used it to highlight the bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow and cheek bones.
17. I finished this make-up routine by first applying a lip balm on my lips, followed by NYX’s Lipstick in cocoa shade.
18. Last, I used an eyelash curler and a mascara to define my lashes.
And we are done.
Here is the Video tutorial we made specially for you 🙂