Healthy living starts with healthy eating. However, in an age where people are constantly on the run, there’s no time to pick up a healthy meal. People eat from delis and food joints all the time. Unhealthy eating corrodes the body and causes harm in the long run. There are so many healthy things that you can eat to keep your body clean and detoxed. Here’s how you can eat healthy even without trying:
1. Get smaller plates in your kitchen: Bigger plates mean only one thing: bigger proportions. To keep yourself from over-eating, get smaller plates. This way you will take smaller proportions and stop eating when you are full.
2. To keep yourself full for a longer time, consume some salad at the start as well as the end of your meal. Salads are high on roughage and thus, are filling. By consuming salad at the start of your meal, you will leave little space for other things in your stomach. Likewise, eating salad at the end will make you feel full for a longer time.
3. Keep all your healthy food items right where you can see them. This means that everything that has calories and fat should go to the back of the refrigerator. Keep vegetables and juices right in the front. Keep fruits on your table.
4. Try and consume less sugar. You start an unhealthy day with your morning coffee that contains about two spoons of sugar and this continues throughout the day. Consume unsweetened beverages. It is certain that at first you will not like the taste, but you will grow up to it eventually.
5. Consume a lot of water. Water does not only keep you hydrated, it also keeps you full. Drink a glass of water before every meal and you will eat less. Likewise, every time you experience bouts of hunger, try and fill yourself with water.
6. Keep smaller glasses for alcohol and soda. Soft and hard drinks contain a lot of fat. Hence, they should be avoided. One of the best way to do this is to keep smaller glasses. This way, even if you can’t keep yourself from drinking, you will at least drink lesser.
7. Always keep boiled eggs in your refrigerator. Eggs make a great source of protein. They are very filling. Whenever you feel hungry, take out two eggs from the refrigerator and eat. However, avoid the yolk as it is very high on fats.
8. Eat Greek Yogurt for breakfast. The best part about this breakfast is that not only is it healthy, you don’t have to cook it. Yogurt is rich in calcium and protein — two things your body needs on a daily basis. By consuming yogurt, not only do you start your day with a healthy breakfast, you also supply your body with all the essential nutrients it needs.
9. Eat raw food. Your food becomes unhealthy as soon as you supply it with oils and spices. The oil takes away all the healthiness of the food. It is thus recommended that you must eat raw food.